Tourism Calgary will work with you to determine your event objectives and then tailor support to help reach them. We have worked with events both big and small and have learned what it takes to make them successful. While we dedicate significant resources into putting together comprehensive bid packages, our support continues to the event itself and post-event review. Our primary areas of support are through event marketing and event servicing.
Bid & Event Support
Event Marketing Support
Tourism Calgary’s marketing team are the experts in promoting the destination and its events. With in-depth local and regional knowledge, we can engage the right people that will be interested in your event. We are constantly evolving our tactics to garner the best results for organizers depending on their objectives. Some potential areas of support are listed below, with the understanding that tactics may vary depending on the event, the target audience and trends in the market.
- Social media reaching a large and loyal following on key channels;
- Media and industry contacts cultivated over the past 50 years;
- Content development and exposure on VisitCalgary.com; and
- Free local event calendars including our own.
Event Servicing Support
Tourism Calgary supports event rights holders by offering resources and services to ensure the best experience for the host organizing committee and event participants. Your event may be eligible for the following destination services:
- Planning support including site visit coordination and connections to local suppliers
- Event organizer toolkit including resources such as an image library and written destination content
- A customized destination microsite with access to the Calgary Deals Pass
- Signage to welcome event participants
- Experience enhancements with a truly Calgary touch, such as a White Hat Ceremony
We look forward to collaborating and welcoming your event to Calgary!