Sport And Cultural Events
News and information about upcoming Tourism Calgary supported sport and cultural events.
Calgary takes two awards at Canadian Sport Tourism Alliance 2014 Prestige Awards.
Calgary is Canada’s Ultimate Sports City and world’s Best ‘Small’ Sports City #yyc
On Friday, May 14, the Scotiabank Calgary Marathon announced that Athletics Canada has awarded National 21.1K Road...
The Canadian Chamber of Commerce has highlighted “Uncompetitive travel and tourism strategies” as one of the top 10...
On March 13, TIAC’s President & CEO published an...
Ottawa, February 27, 2014.
The Canadian Sport Tourism Alliance (CSTA) is pleased to announce...
Sport is at our core, it’s in our DNA, and we care about it for the right reasons. We see sport as a way to build community, inspire youth to action and create social, facility and cultural legacies to last for generations. We have a focused strategy and the support of the public and private sectors. We are a preeminent winter sport city with the rare ability to host a diversity of major events year-round.
Five new cities, including Calgary, Auckland (New Zealand), Baku (Azerbaijan), Kazan (Russia) and Warsaw (Poland), added to list of 30 countries looking to win the coveted title of Ultimate Sports City.
- Calgary To Host The 2016 JUNO Awards
- Announcement: Tourism Calgary Names CEO
- Judo Canada Selects Calgary for National Championships 2016-18
- Calgary to host World League volleyball match during 2015 Canadian Open Championship
- Tourism Report Projects Significant Labour Shortages and Recommends Corrective Actions
- GM Announcement
- Canada Ranked as #1 Country to Visit
- Calgary Sport Tourism Authority Award Winner Announcement
- Calgary names as host of the 2015 Skate Canada Adult Figure Skating Champiionships