Rules & Regulations: Mac's Midget
Rules & Regulations
Tourism Calgary & Hockey Alberta Mac’s Experience Contest
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Sponsor: The Tourism Calgary & Hockey Alberta contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Tourism Calgary – Calgary Convention and Visitors Bureau, Hockey Alberta, The Westin Calgary, Delta Bow Valley, and Canada’s Sports Hall of Fame (collectively the “Sponsor”). For the purposes of the Contest, the “Contest Entities” are composed of the Sponsor, together with its respective affiliates and related companies, including without limitation their parent, sister and subsidiary companies, retailers, franchisees, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers of material and services related to the Contest, and any other corporation, partnership, sole proprietorship or other legal entity directly involved in the Contest and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns.
2. Contest Period: The Contest commences Thursday November 15th, 2012 at 12:00:01pm Mountain Standard Time (“MST”) and ends Friday December 7th, 2012 at 11:59:59pm MST (the “Contest Period”).
3. Eligibility: The Contest is open to legal residents of Alberta. All entrants must have the consent of both of their parents or of their legal guardian or must have reached the age of eighteen (18) as of the date of entry. Officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives of Sponsor, any independent contest judging organization, each of their respective parent, affiliates, subsidiaries and franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, suppliers of prizes, materials or services related to this Contest, and members of the immediate family (defined as parents, siblings, children, partner or spouse, regardless of where they live) or households (whether related or not) of any of such officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives are not eligible to enter the Contest.
4. How To Enter: No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Internet access and a valid email account are required to enter. Online entry through the Contest Website (as defined below) only; no other means of submission will be accepted.
To enter the Contest, go online to www.visitcalgary.com (the “Contest Website”). Entrants must click on the Contest entry link and follow the instructions to enter the Contest by completing the entry form (the “Entry Form”), including your first and last name, city, province and country of residence, postal code, age, telephone number and email address. You will also be required to confirm that you have read, understood and agree to abide by these Official Contest Rules. All fields on the Entry Form are mandatory unless indicated as optional. When completed, entrants must hit the “submit” button to automatically receive one (1) entry (each an “Entry” or collectively, the “Entries”) into the Contest. Limit: One (1) Entry per person and per email address during the Contest Period. Each Entry must be submitted by the entrant him or herself or, if under eighteen (18) years of age, the Entry may be submitted by a parent or legal guardian of the entrant. Any attempt to exceed the maximum number of Entries per person is a violation of these Official Contest Rules and may result in disqualification. Use of automated devices is prohibited; automated Entries (including but not limited to Entries submitted using any robot, script, macro or other automated service) are not permitted and may result in disqualification.
5. Prize: There is one (1) grand prize (the “Prize”) available to be won.
The Prize winner shall designate an Alberta hockey team at the pee wee level or lower (the “Team”) and all those Team members (“Team Members”) listed on the Team roster at the time of the Prize Draw (hereinafter defined) and the parent, legal guardian, or designated guardian of each Team Member, (collectively the “Participants”), shall win the following:
Round trip chartered bus transportation from the winning Team's home rink in Alberta departing the morning of January 1, 2013 (AVR $2500); and
VIP treatment in a downtown Calgary hotel for the evening of January 1, 2013
Double Occupancy Accommodation assigned at The Westin Calgary for the boys team or Delta Bow Valley hotel for the girls team on the night of January 1, 2013. (AVR $6330 CAD); and
Team tickets to both the Female (2pm) and Male (6pm) Gold Medal Games at The Scotiabank Saddledome on January 1, 2013 (AVR $300 CAD); and
Teams will be hosted by the Mac's Tournament for a meal in between the games in the Saddledome Aviason Club (AVR $1200 CAD); and
Team breakfast morning of January 2nd hosted by hockey partners bringing the "Mac's Experience", along with some surprises! (AVR $1200 CAD); and
Admission to Canada's Sports Hall of Fame at noon on January 2, 2013 (AVR $360 CAD); and
Return charter bus transportation after Canada Sport Hall of Fame visit to home rink pick up location.
Total approximate retail value of the Prize is $11,890 CAD Actual retail value may vary depending on the date of booking, departure city, date of travel and changes in exchange rates. Winner will not be entitled to the difference, if any, between stated and approximate retail value. All bookings must be made through Sponsor or Sponsor’s designated representatives. Prize must be redeemed January 1, 2013 and winner and Participants must travel together on the same itinerary. All incremental costs in using or claiming the Prize not outlined in this prize description are the sole responsibility of the winner and the Participants, including but not limited to:, ground transportation, fuel, gasoline and currency surcharges, insurance, non-inclusive meals and beverages, gratuities, entertainment, excursions, transfers, merchandise, souvenirs, local and long distance telephone calls, medical, travel and cancellation insurance together with any required travel documentation, and all personal expenses of any kind or nature. It is the sole responsibility of the Prize winner and any of the Participants to obtain all necessary travel documentation (including, but not limited to, a valid passport), if applicable, prior to ticketing. Sponsor is not responsible if winner or the Participants are denied entry onto the bus or into the hotel, or the Saddledome or the Canada’s Sports Hall of Fame.. In such an event, winner and the Participants will be solely responsible for any expenses incurred and the Prize may be forfeited, in whole or in part. Winner and any of the Participants must comply with all hotel check-in requirements including, without limitation, the presentation of a major credit card. The Prize winner and the Participants must be able to travel at the times and dates as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, failing which the Prize will be forfeited and the winner will not receive any Prize. No change in travel arrangements can be made by the winner or the Participants once the booking has been confirmed. The Prize may not be used towards any type of frequent flyer mileage, or other reward point accumulation program.
6. Prize Winner Selection: One (1) potential Prize winner will be randomly selected at approximately 10:00 a.m. MT on or about December 8, 2012 (the “Prize Draw”) by a third party organization from all eligible Entries received during the Contest Period. The odds of being selected as the potential Prize winner will depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Contest Period.
7. Prize Claim Conditions: The selected entrant will be notified by telephone or email (at the telephone number or email address provided on the Entry Form) within five (5) days of the Prize Draw. Please check your email and spam filters. Before being declared the Prize winner, the selected entrant, or if the entrant is under the age of eighteen (18), the entrants parent or legal guardian, will be required to (i) correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill testing question without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, to be administered on the Declaration and Release Form (as defined below), and (ii) complete and return to Sponsor (or its designative representative), a declaration of compliance and release of liability (the “Declaration and Release Form”) that will be sent by mail, fax or email within five (5) days of receipt (or within the time frame indicated by the Contest Sponsor, if any alternate time frame is specified). All Team Members under the age of eighteen (18), must be accompanied by his/her parent, legal guardian, or designated guardian. All Participants, having reached the age of eighteen (18), or the Participant’s parent or legal guardian must also sign and return a Declaration and Release Form(s) within five (5) days of receipt (or within the time frame indicated by the Contest Sponsor, if any alternate time frame is specified). It is the sole responsibility of the entrant, or if the entrant is under the age of eighteen (18), the entrant’s parent or legal guardian to provide the Declaration and Release Form of each Participant to the Contest Sponsor within the indicated time frame. The Declaration and Release Form requires the potential winner to confirm acceptance of the Prize as awarded, compliance with and agreement to be bound by these Official Contest Rules, eligibility to participate in this Contest, and to release the Contest Entities from any liability and damages which could arise out of or are in any way related to the Contest or any Contest-related activity and from the awarding, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of any Prize. Upon receipt and verification of the Declaration and Release Form(s), the Contest Sponsor will notify the Prize winner of the manner in which he/she can take possession of the Prize. Return of any prize or winner notification as undeliverable, inability to reach a potential winner or failure of potential winner to respond to notification within the period prescribed, failure to provide proof of eligibility (if requested), a signed Declaration and Release Form(s), or other documentation (as requested) by the time periods specified, failure to correctly answer the skill-testing question, or other failure to comply with the Official Contest Rules in any manner may result in the disqualification of the selected entrant, forfeiture of the Prize and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, selection of an alternate eligible entrant (via random draw in the case of the Prize, to receive the forfeited Prize, who will be subject to same requirements and disqualification in the same manner as described above. If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing, voting, printing or any other aspect of the Contest or for any reason, there are more potential winners of a Prize than contemplated in these Official Contest Rules, Sponsor at its discretion, may conduct a random draw amongst all eligible entrants at the end of the Contest Period to award the Prize.
Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred to another person, substituted for another prize, or exchanged in whole or in part, for cash or otherwise, except in Sponsor’s sole discretion. In the event that, for reasons beyond their control and not related to the winner, the Sponsor is unable to award the Prize as described in these Official Contest Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar nature and equal or greater monetary value or, at their sole discretion, the cash value of the Prize. Sponsor makes no representations or warranties with respect to any prize.
By entering this Contest and accepting a Prize, winner and Participants authorize the Sponsor to use in any Contest-related advertising and publicity Sponsor may conduct relating to the Contest, if desired, his/her name, city/province of residence, photograph, image, voice, likeness and any statements he/she may make regarding the Contest or the Prize, his/her biographical information, in any media or format, whether now known or hereinafter developed, including but not limited to the World Wide Web, at any time or times in perpetuity, without any additional form of compensation or notice.
9. Right to Void/Terminate/Suspend/Modify: Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend or modify this Contest, or the Official Contest Rules, in whole or in part, at any time and without notice or obligation if, in Sponsor's sole opinion, any factor interferes with its proper conduct as contemplated by these Official Contest Rules. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, if the Contest, or any part thereof, is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, errors (human or otherwise), technical failures, which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, safety, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion void any suspect Entries and: (a) terminate the Contest, or any portion thereof; (b) modify or suspend the Contest, or any portion thereof, to address the impairment and then resume the Contest, or relevant portion, in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Contest Rules; and/or (c) award the Prizes from among the eligible, non-suspect Entries received up to the time of the impairment in accordance with the winner selection criteria discussed above.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND RELEASES: By entering this Contest and/or accepting the Prize, the entrants and the Participants and the parents or legal guardians of the entrants and the Participants who are under the age of eighteen (18) agree that the Contest Entities have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be indemnified and held harmless by entrants against any and all liability for any injury, loss or damage of any kind (including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages) whether to persons or property, arising out of, resulting from, caused by or claimed to be caused by: (a) entry or participation in this Contest or any Contest-related activity, including access to and use of the Contest Website, or (b) the acceptance, possession, use, and/or misuse of a Prize, or (c) any claims based on personality or privacy rights, defamation or merchandise delivery. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, therefore such exclusions may not apply to you.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Contest Entities will not be liable for: (a) any incomplete or inaccurate information that is caused by Contest Website users, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Contest; (b) lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, service provider, on-line systems, telephone networks or telephone lines, or any other connections; (c) the theft, destruction, loss or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries; (d) any problems with, or malfunctions or failures of, telephone networks or lines, computers or computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs; (e) garbled transmissions or miscommunications; (f) failure of any e-mail to be received by or from the Contest judging organization or Sponsor for any reason, including but not limited to traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof or technical incompatibility; (g) damage to a user's computer equipment (software or hardware) occasioned by participation or downloading of materials related to this Contest; (h) printing, distribution, programming or production errors, and any other errors or malfunctions of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic or otherwise; or (i) technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
11. General Conditions
(a) By entering this Contest, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Contest Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, and any independent judging organization, which are final, and conclusive on all matters relative to this Contest. Failure to comply with any of the above conditions or otherwise with the Official Contest Rules, will result in the disqualification of the entrant.
(b) It is the sole responsibility of each Participant, or the parent or guardian or each Participant under the age of eighteen (18), to provide any applicable waiver and release (“Waiver”) that may be required by the charter bus transportation company and the hotel prior to permitting Participants under the age of eighteen (18) to board the bus or check into the hotel. The Contest Sponsor shall not be responsible for any Participants being denied entrance to the bus or hotel for failure to provide such applicable Waiver. It is agreed that it is not the responsibility of the Contest Sponsor to obtain such applicable Waiver.
(c) Each Participant being under the age of eighteen (18) that is not accompanied by a parent, legal guardian or other designated guardian shall not be permitted to board the bus or check into the hotel. It is agreed that it is the sole responsibility of each Participant to obtain adequate adult supervision and the Contest Sponsor shall not be responsible for failure of any Participant to obtain adequate supervision or the subsequent refusal of the Contest Sponsor to allow the Participant having inadequate supervision to participate in the Prize.
(d) All Entries and Prize claims are subject to verification by Sponsor. Proof of Entry submission does not constitute proof of receipt. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to Sponsor) to participate in this Contest and/or receive a Prize. Failure to provide such proof in a timely manner may result in disqualification. Contest Entities assume no responsibility for late, lost, delayed, not received, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, fraudulent, illegible, incompatible or misdirected Prize claims or Entries (all of which Entries shall be automatically void and not eligible for a Prize). Sponsor reserves the right to correct any typographical, printing, computer programming or operator errors.
(e) In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the person who submitted any Entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the Entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an e-mail address by an access provider, service provider, or other person or organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the account associated with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
(f) Should an entrant, or the parent or legal guardian of the entrant, make any false statement(s) in the Entry Form or any document referenced herein, the entrant will be disqualified and, if selected as a potential winner, will be required to promptly forfeit to Sponsor his/her Prize, or the cash value thereof. Any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with, or is suspected of tampering with, the Entry process, the operation of the Contest and/or the Contest Website, violates the Official Contest Rules, or acts with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person will be automatically disqualified. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CANADIAN CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
(g) The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable Federal, Provincial and Municipal laws and regulations. Any dispute arising hereunder shall be adjudicated in the applicable court in Calgary, Alberta.
(h) Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Contest Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Contest Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision of the Official Contest Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then the Official Contest Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
© 2012 Tourism Calgary