Calgary Hunting & Fishing
There's just no way to be modest about this: For hunters and fishers, the Calgary region has it all. Fly fishers and anglers flock to the Bow River for its mature stocks of brown trout and rainbow trout who, famously, are equal parts feisty and tasty. Game hunters will find deer, elk, moose and black bear in the mountains and foothills around Calgary. Alberta's wetlands are rife with wildfowl. It's a good idea to obtain licenses and know the local regulations before your visit. Use the following the links to get started.
You need licenses to hunt or fish in Alberta. Hunting is not allowed within national and provincial parks.
For goodness sake, don't try to enter Canada with a firearm unless you're certain you have the correct permits. Declare all firearms to a customs agent. Visiting hunters and target shooters will find information on obtaining permits here:
Calgary - open May through October, some year-round:
- Crossroads Shell Circle K - 2020 16 Avenue NE
- First Choice RV & Car Wash - 1260 Highfield Crescent SE
- Flying J Travel Plaza #785 (Shell) - 11511 40 Street SE
- Husky Travel Centre - 3191 Barlow Trail NE
- Mohawk Montgomery - 4639 Bowness Road NW
- Road King Travel Center - 4949 Barlow Trail SE
- Airdrie - Sani Dump Station - Fletcher Road